One of Britain’s largest high street retailers approached Entire Recycling with a problem: they had no easy way of disposing of branded goods.
The company had attempted to dispose of their goods before and had found out that a number of market traders had managed to get their hands on the goods & sell them at a discounted rate.
The company had several tonnes of surplus shoes that they wanted to dispose of.
The Client's Objectives
The client’s objectives were:
- They wanted to protect their brand
- They wanted to build a trusting relationship with a supplier in order to ensure a secure route for the destruction of materials
- They wanted to maximise the proportion of the material that was recycled & minimise landfilling thus saving the environment & costs
- To ensure that the waste was disposed securely to ensure that products did not appear on the market or the black market & cheapen the company’s brand or image
Our solution was:
- To offer the client an audit trail for their materials
- To provide the client with collection details & a certificate of destruction to confirm that the materials had been securely destroyed or made unsaleable so that their only use was in a recycling process
- To provide the client with photographic evidence of the destruction of their material
- To give the client a single point of contact who would be accountable for the process & who would take responsibility for & ensure against theft
Their Measures for Success
The client’s measures for success were:
- Instances of redundant stocks appearing for sale (this process would ensure that these issues dropped to zero)
- A certificate of destruction & the associated photographic & videographic evidence
- Costs per tonne v cost of landfill
Our Work & The Timing
Entire Recycling arranged for secure transportation of the goods.
Secure transportation was arranged on this occasion within 2 working days.
We supplied the retailer with a named driver & the option of tracking the vehicle.
We delivered the material into our secure facility for destruction. Material was destroyed on the same day.
A certificate of destruction was issued & presented to the client within 48 hours of destruction.
The Value to the Customer
The value to the customer of this service was huge:
- It prevented the erosion of the brand – this retailer spends tens of millions of pounds per annum on product development, marketing & brand building
- It provided the retailer with a secure route of destruction going forwards which saved time
- It enabled materials to be recycled where possible, helping towards the retailer’s green credentials
- It gave the retailer accountability. This issue was one that the CEO had taken a personal interest in & it was resolved to her satisfaction
- It gave the retailer a flexible, time-sensitive route of secure destruction going forwards